Sunday 28 October 2018

My unfortunate SQ aircraft change from Singapore to Bangkok flight

I'm currently in Bangkok for a short holiday. It's been a great day sightseeing here. Visiting magnificent temples such as the Grand Palace and shopping malls such as Platinum and MBK.

The sole reason for coming to Bangkok? 

A redemption in SQ business class for a discounted number of miles. The flight was originally to be flown with a B787-10 dreamliner, featuring the latest generation regional business class seats on a 1-2-1 configuration that impressed me on the Singapore to Osaka return sectors.

Unfortunately, there is an aircraft swap and I couldn't really do anything about it. The aircraft is now an A330, featuring 2-2-2 business class seats. Certainly less impressive configuration and window seats don't get direct aisle access. Not exactly a flat-bed.

I will do a review of this flight in a subsequent post. I have tried out SQ A330 business class previously on the Ahmedabad and Colombo sectors. Though they are still relatively comfortable, but certainly less so than on the B787-10.

Hopefully, SQ doesn't do aircraft swaps too often.