Friday 1 January 2016

Emirates First Class (Suites) trip report

This is the Auckland-Sydney leg trip report.

Check in took place at Auckland airport international terminal Emirates first class check in desk. After that, I was off to the Emirates lounge. Emirates first class passengers share the same lounge as business class passengers, so no added benefits.


I went for the lounge shower first. There were only 2 shower rooms located in the toilet which at that time was empty. 



After my warm shower, I sat in the lounge and had some food.



3 Emirates A380 planes were parked at the airport at that time. They will all depart shortly within each other to Australia before continuing on to Dubai.

Boarding was called in the lounge and I made my way to the gate which is a good 10 minutes walk away.

Boarding was already under way for economy class. Upon entering the flight, a flight stewardess happily informed me that I am the only first class passenger on the flight!

Cheers again!

The only first class passenger

Me and Emirates stewardess

Writing kit, vanity kit all free to take away. The TV with ICE entertainment

A selection of drinks by the side

Staircase down the aircraft. In an Emirates A380 aircraft, First and business class are located on the upper deck. Economy class occupies the entire lower deck.

Pre-departure champagne, nuts, dates and arabic coffee was offered. I took some photos before the flight departed.


After take off, the curtains were drawn and throughout the flight, I never saw another fellow passenger. With the almost empty first class except for me, it definitely feels as if I'm in a private plane.

After my meal, the purser informed me shower is available. Now, having a shower at 39,000 feet in the sky in a flying plane is a totally awesome feeling. Shower water is available for only 5 minutes. There is a timer that tells you how much time left.

Emirates toilet and shower




Emirates suites doors, operated by a button

Emirates first class window shades


Emirates shower

After my shower, I'm back in my seat and reclined into a bed before descent started.

Emirates first class flat bed. In my opinion not as comfortable as SQ

Emirates first class express arrival card. The arrival immigration queue for express card holders was long and only 1 counter opened. For the rest, the queue may not long but there are many counters. Not sure which is faster.


In comparison, I feel that the Emirates only lags behind SQ in terms of seat and bed width. The seat is narrower. In terms of all other facilities, it is definitely better. No amenity kit is provided as it is a short daytime flight.

This flight is one of the cheapest to enjoy Emirates first class if paying cash. All in all, a wonderful flight. The shower made it even more special. 

No comments: