Friday 1 January 2016

USA EAST COAST '15

Today is New Year Day 2016. My new year resolutions for this year: 

Good health - keep fit and keep myself healthy. Watch my diet and take frequent walks.

Family - have a blissful family. 

Work - There are changes to my work environment this year. I hope this year will be great for me!

Be thankful for all that I have, for being born, raised and now live in Singapore.

Be thankful for all the people around me.

Be thankful that I'm able to live to this day.

And finally, life is short, so live in the moment. Embrace every day as it comes.

Yup. That's my new year resolutions. Now on to my New York trip.

2 flights and a day later, I arrived in New York City.

I always take many photos on my trips because photos help me to preserve and relive all my happy memories, even after returning home. And because I'm unlikely to visit the same place again twice. There are exceptions. Places that I have went twice: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Sydney, Belgium, Amsterdam. My travel philosophy is: to see as many places in my lifetime as possible. To find out more about other cultures, people, surrounds. The world is ours to explore.

Enjoy..

First stop is Philadelphia





Bank of America in Washington DC

White House

The place where US money is printed

Capitol

World's Greatest Burger

Smithsonian Institution - there are many, many museums here






The reflection in the sunset is stunning!





Niagara Falls at night - on the American side


The same Niagara Falls at night - now on the Canadian side



Having hotel buffet breakfast overlooking Niagara Falls

From the left: American Falls, Bridal Falls, Horseshoe Falls




Journey behind the falls


Niagara Falls from the top


Toronto CN Tower




Toronto Christmas Market


Obama cookies in Ottawa. His daughter's favourite

Inside Ottawa parliament

Inside Ottawa parliament library


Ottawa parliament

Montreal

Overlooking Montreal


beautiful Montreal cathedral

Staircase in Montreal cathedral

World's first teacher

On a suspension bridge by the waterfall in Quebec



Quebec city boardwalk. I want to come to Quebec again. It is a very beautiful city.

A vintage car display in a MacDonald restaurant

MacDonald poutine

famous Boston lobster

Harvard University. World's best university

"Founder" of Harvard University

MIT - another world top university

Boston lobster sandwich and clam chowder served warm


Boston Quincy Market

New York Times Square



Cruise to Liberty island

World famous Statue of Liberty


Wall St bull



NY Empire State building beautiful light up at night

New York, Manhattan Fifth Ave shopping


From the top of the Empire State building


Finally, what better way to end my New York trip than satay on SQ business class flight

No comments: