Thursday 29 September 2016

Marina Barrage

I have finalized my upcoming trip. Yay! Looking forward to it. To reduce my budget, I have decided to leave the Baltic state and Arctic circle train to another time. Probably during summer.

This trip's highlights will the Qatar Airways business class, SAS flight, Hurtigruten cruise, Northern lights (hopefully), Norway and Swedish trains and Gothenburg city in Sweden. All firsts!

For the past months since I had more 'me' time in the morning, I have explored some parts of Singapore and discovered some beautiful scenery for the first time. This is the Marina Barrage and Marina Reservoir, Singapore's newest reservoir. It has been around for some time, and I have visited it a few times, though did not spend much time exploring the place. Recently, I decided to walk around the place and cross this bridge for the first time...

Viewing platform

Bridge

Marina Barrage


The bridge connects the Gardens by the Bay South and Marina Barrage to Gardens by the Bay East. This part is still under development. Most of the attractions for now is in Bay South. The view across is now the Bay East's main attraction. Marina Bay Sands, Flyer, the two domes and Esplanade among Singapore's skyline, all in one photo. 

No comments: