Saturday 9 September 2017

Sentosa sandsation '17

Sentosa sandsation was held in September 2017. As time permits, I had the chance to visit the sand festival and view the many sand sculptures on display.

From the mainland, I took bus 123 into Sentosa again, thereby saving myself the $2 sentosa admission fee. Just like the previous time, everyone else alights at RWS and I'm the only passenger alighting at the beach station terminal.

From there, the siloso beach is nearby. But the sandsation festival is a long walk in. Admission is free and there are many ushers around, a bit too many, I think, directing traffic.

Alongside each display is a board explaining the meaning of the sculpture. Some are quite profound, while some are adapted to the local context, quite quirky.

Maybe next time they should sell some souvenirs at the site. haha!



Singapore in the past... 

hokkien for the visitors



Local everyday scene


Very intricately sculpted castle. Not sure where is it?


I'm very, very impressed !!