Saturday 2 September 2017

Upcoming business class flights '17

It's not everyday I come across heavily discounted business class tickets. But when I do, I try to book it asap. Otherwise, the cheap fares will be gone in flash and I will regret it. Past experiences have taught me so.

Anyway, a couple of months back, I chanced upon discounted Latam return business class tickets from mexico city to easter island at end of the year at US$1022.

Now, it's not exactly cheap. And at that time, I have no intention to visit either cities this year. But after doing some 'homework' online, I booked myself a ticket a few days later. By then, my preferred flight timings were gone, and I had to settle for whatever's left.

As I later found out online, tickets to easter island isn't cheap no matter what time of the year. Latam has a monopoly from Santiago, Chile to Easter island. And right now, economy class tickets on the same route actually costs more than what I have paid for business class tickets. 

So I felt good at having secured my tickets and a great opportunity to try out Latam B787 business class on 4 sectors. I have yet to book my positioning flights to mexico city as I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more discounted tickets to come. Haha!

So looking forward to visit mexico city and easter island for the 1st time 😃. The sectors involve a stopover at Santiago, Chile in each direction, but not long enough for a city tour. Have to save Chile and the rest of Latin America for another day.

More recently, I received an email on discounted cathay a350 business class return flights from Singapore to Bangkok. At a cost of S$519. Now, this isn't exactly cheap for such a short sector. Economy class tickets usually begin from $200 onwards. But this price is definitely cheaper than the usual business class on any airline.

Again, after pondering for some days, I booked it before the price disappears. So looking forward to cathay a350 business class !

For this trip, I have paired it with another return from Bangkok to Hong Kong. Concurrently, Emirates is running a promotion on their 50% economy class award redemption. So after discount, each sector only requires 5,000 skyward miles. I consider it a steal. So quickly booked a same day return. Otherwise, my skyward miles will just expire in no time. I will never ride enough emirates flights to redeem flights. 

Personally, I find that Emirates' ticket prices, though cheaper than the likes of SQ, are still more expensive than qatar and finnair, which regularly offer promotional prices. To date, I have only ride on emirates a380 on 4 sectors from Singapore to London and return from Amsterdam, and also B777 on 4 sectors from Singapore to Barcelona and return from Madrid.

 To conclude, I'm now eagerly waiting for my business class flights !!