Monday 24 December 2018

Plaza Premium lounge at Singapore Changi Airport terminal 1

My trip begins with the KLM flight from Singapore to Denpasar, gateway to the resort island of Bali. KLM has been operating this daily fifth freedom flight for as long as I can remember. From Amsterdam, it arrives in Singapore and then continues to Bali. The return leg stops in Singapore as well before going back to Amsterdam. After taking up its offer of S$200 return, I finally had the chance to try out this flight.

After checking in, I proceeded to the plaza premium lounge to rest and relax. Entry is using my lounge voucher, which grants me access to some plaza premium lounges worldwide regardless of airline or class of travel.




An impressive display at Changi Airport

In Changi Airport, every terminal has a plaza premium lounge. In terminal 1, it is located towards the end of the walkway, one floor up.



Clean and well-equipped shower rooms

There are on-the-spot food preparation by the chef


As well as local favourites laid out buffet style


This lounge offers unobstructed views of the runway and taxiway, from which I spotted the KLM plane taxiing to the gate.

The plaza premium lounge is perfectly comfortable to wait for the next flight. It is on the small side with limited seating, so not sure whether it will get crowded into the night when there are more departures. 

I used this lounge twice recently, once in the evening for the KLM flight, and the other in the morning for the Norwegian flight. At both instances, there are sufficient seating.