Thursday 31 December 2015

SQ Business Class trip report

Today marks the last day of 2015. How time flies. Now is the time to prepare for my new year resolution, and to prepare for a new year's of work ahead. But before that, I want to update on my December trips. This month, I have taken quite a number of trips abroad, for reasons that I shall discuss in subsequent posts. 

First, my first trip to The Big Apple!!! This is like my dream destination to visit. Because New York City is so famous and rightfully so.

Since this trip is on my dream list, I have splurged on my journey there by taking SQ Business Class.

Star Wars exhibit at Changi Airport T3

SQ26 Singapore -> Frankfurt -> New York

SQ Business Class seat on the upper deck of A380. Supposedly the widest seat in the sky

Wide TV screen. Champagne for my pre-departure drink. There is a cubby hole to put my legs on.

I like the prawns in the appetizer. The garlic bread is served warm and just great!

Business Class Classic Lobster Thermidor. This is only available on the SQ book the cook service. Delicious!

My breakfast


Peace in the sky

Staircase at the back of the A380

Watching movie in my comfortable bed

After landing at Frankfurt airport, I went for a shower at the Lufthansa Business Class lounge. Luckily, the shower room is available. After a great shower and some snacks at the lounge, it is back to the plane for the 2nd flight.

2nd leg of my flight from Frankfurt to New York. This leg was rather empty in Business Class.

Mid-flight snack paired with Singapore sling

Transatlantic flight

Over Greenland. A country I will probably not visit in my life. Because it's quite barren. I can just enjoy the scenery from the comfort of the plane.

2nd Breakfast

Almost reaching New York

The transatlantic flight is very smooth, not a single bump at all. 

Some thoughts about the SQ A380 business class

In SQ A380, Business Class is located on the upper deck. For this particular plane, the upper deck is all Business Class. The seat is really wide, can sit another person beside me. The seat folds down into a flat bed. The SQ stewardess can help with this. The bed comes with a duvet and is comfortable. But then I have to sleep at an angle, since the cubby hole for my leg is on the right side. There is additional storage bins for window seats.

No comments: