Wednesday 30 August 2017

Upcoming inaugural flights '17

The term 3 school holiday is approaching and my work is winding down. So I have more time to update my blog and plan my upcoming travels.

At this moment, I have already booked 4 return flights spread out all over the world. To Asia, Europe and North & South America at the end of the year. 

2017 looks set to be my widest and longest travel itinerary to date. Two of my flights coincide with the inaugural service and are the reasons why I booked them.

I have never been on inaugural flights so this will be a first for me. Not sure what to expect. Hopefully some door gifts. Haha!

Jetstar Asia will launch the inaugural from Singapore to Okinawa in November 2017. I have always wanted to visit there after looking at so many advertisements of feel good scenery but there have never been scheduled direct flights due to low and seasonal demand. One stop options are not cheap from Singapore either.

I chanced upon the Jetstar inaugural flight and a return flight costs below $300 at starter price so I quickly booked it. There are some cheaper dates but I wanted to experience the inaugural and the price difference is not too big. Looking forward to Okinawa !

The other inaugural service is by Silkair from Singapore to Hiroshima, in October 2017. Again another Japanese destination. Silkair is a full service carrier so the launch price is much higher though still reasonable to me.

This is the first time in recent years the two cities are connected by direct flight. As my schedule allows for the inaugural, I quickly booked a one week trip. I'm planning to visit other cities in Japan such as Nagasaki, fukuoka and maybe tokyo using the one week JR pass. Looking forward to Silkair inaugural festivities and Hiroshima !