Saturday 28 October 2017

My first ever travel map

This is my first ever produced travel map, courtesy of the great circle mapper, a free online tool. Doesn't take me long to learn. But first you need to know the airport codes of all the cities that you are going to. This travel map shows my travel plans for the year end.

map

It is 4 continents - asia, europe, north america, south america, a lot of countries and cities in one go. I know. According to the great circle mapper, there will be 30 segments, mostly flights, with some train connections.

The longest flight segments are los angeles to chongqing one way on hainan airlines and singapore to stockholm return on singapore airlines, both 5-star airlines. At least I can enjoy the flight.

Accordingly, my travelling distance adds up to a whopping 92,382km. This is equivalent to 2 rounds around the earth ! 1 round of the earth is 'only' 40,075km.

This is a lot a lot of flying !

Not just that. My travel plans are going to cost a lot. And previously I was just talking about cutting down on my travels. 

My justification for all these flying? Well, life is short. Live life to the fullest ! While I can, physically and financially, I want to see the world. I can always earn back the money but I only live once.

It is about another month before my travel begins. Meanwhile, finalizing my itinerary and accommodation plans. Hoping for the best !