Wednesday 27 December 2017

Back in SG !

I'm finally back in SG ! After my one-month long trip, covering three continents - Europe, North America and South America. Not that I'm eager to get home. The travel bug has definitely caught me, so much that I just wish for the trip to be longer. Haha !

Anyway, this has been a fulfilling trip for me. I'm thankful that things have turned out generally smoothly for me. The only negative is that my luggage is not currently with me. Yup, it should still be in Los Angeles. The reason is the tight connection.

Previously, I took a Virgin America flight from San Francisco to Los Angeles, with a two hour connection to my Hainan Airlines long haul flight to Chongqing, China. But the earlier flight was delayed by ~30 minutes. So the connection became even tighter.

I also learnt that changing terminals at LAX airport airside involves long distance walking, at least from terminal 6 to tom bradley international terminal. I arrived at the Hainan airlines gate just in time for the boarding process to begin.

Luckily, the gate agents were able to print my Hainan airlines boarding pass at the gate, not sure why I couldn't get it at San Francisco airport. Otherwise I don't know what will happen. So I made it to my flight, but not my luggage, even with a ~1.5 hour connection.

Fortunately, my luggage contains mainly clothes and some souvenirs. My valuables are all safely in my carry-on. Well, here's to hoping I can get my luggage back in SG!

In the next few days (or weeks), I shall be detailing my trips in this blog. A chance to relive my memories of this fantastic trip. It has cost me a lot of money, but the memories are for a lifetime. 😃