Saturday 14 April 2018

Great value Asiana airlines business class flight Almaty to U.S.

As of writing this post, Asiana airlines has a paid business class fare of ~S$1832 from Almaty, Kazakhstan to Chicago, United States and New York City. For a transpacific flight of over 10 hours, this is of great value.

As much as I had liked to take advantage of this fare, I had to restrain myself from overspending. Haha!

Already spent a "fortune" on the recent booking of Singapore airline business class flights from India to New York, as well as further finalized my Europe trip in June, this Asiana flight will potentially disrupt my travel plans (once again), if I were to book it. Not to mention the additional costs involved in positioning to Almaty. At least a couple of hundreds more.

Almaty is in Central Asia, a region I had yet to visit, and where I had thought of visiting in the past.

At a dilemma right now. First world problem. 😀

Anyway, while finalizing my June holiday trip, it occurred to me that my vacation time in North America will be very limited. I had inevitably booked my SQ flight to New York to just a few days before my earlier booking of SQ flight from Singapore to Osaka. Re-booking will add a couple of hundreds to my budget.

This is where the Asiana flight comes in. I can nicely return to Asia to prepare for my SQ flight departing from Singapore. 

Otherwise, the cheapest economy class ticket from America to Singapore is going to cost me ~S$1000. Because of the very reasonable difference between this economy class fare and the Asiana business class fare, this makes the Asiana fare so attractive to me and causes my dilemma.

Still thinking..