Saturday 7 April 2018

Guangzhou Airport Premium Lounge review 'Mar 18

I reached 广州 airport past 11pm, on the second last metro train for the day. My Scoot flight to Singapore leaves at an ungodly hour of 3:45am and check in opens 3 hours prior. I queued up towards the front and was quickly checked in. Security and immigration queue was short at this hour.

With a couple of hours to go, I decided to visit the Guangzhou Airport Premium Lounge. I had previously passed through this airport but did not use the lounge. This time, I entered the lounge using my priority pass.

I feel that the lounge was overall not impressive. Food and drinks were very limited. Not sure if it is because of the late hour. Seating spaces were limited as well in this one long, narrow lounge.

Fortunately, shower facility was available, though I was informed by the reception that they ran out of clean towels. First time I ever heard of this.

Charging facility was available at the high top table, right next to the food.

Limited packaged food and instant noodles. Soft drinks, beer, bottled water and coffee machine


A red and white wine was available, though I didn't try.

The lounge was located en-route from immigration to the boarding gates

An advertisement of The Taj Mahal. I'm hoping to visit this June.