Thursday 17 October 2019

My 2019 year end travel map !

How time flies... It is now approaching end of 2019. Now I have more time to plan my end of year travel. Prior to this, I have booked some long haul cross-continental flights as and when the offer comes. But it is only now that I'm getting down to booking short haul flights and coming up with a detailed itinerary. 

Each year, I take two big trips in June and December, as well as several small trips in other months of the year. So I thought it is a good time now to take stock of my travel this year till today:

February    - Bandung, Indonesia
March        - Australia and Tasmania
June           - South Africa, Russia, Germany, Finland
August       - Hong Kong, Taiwan and Xiamen
September - Shanghai, Canada and Florida, the United States

Most, if not all, of these trips are my first time visits to new cities, such as Tasmania in Australia and Florida in the U.S. 

Going forward, I have now created an itinerary for my end of year travel. Just a couple of more flights to fix and book, as well as research on travel within the country. Depending on what flights are on offer. Haha!

Here's the travel map for my end of year trip:

map

Most of the destinations includes countries in Europe and the Middle East. The stops in India and Kenya are mainly transits as I have no plans to visit these countries at the moment. Removing these transit stops as well as the long trek to Singapore, 

map

The second map focuses on the countries that I will be visiting, quite a number for the first time. And I'm starting to get excited. 😀 As of now I will get to visit these countries:

1. Jordan
2. Cyprus
3. Morocco
4. Georgia
5. Armenia
6. Lebanon
7. Egypt
8. Iran

It will be a totally new experience for me in these countries and I can't wait to explore all of them! Having been to Switzerland, Spain and Germany previously, it will be my first time to Geneva, Bilbao and Hamburg respectively. In addition, I will get to travel on new airlines for the first time as well:

Kenya airways (both B737 and B787 planes)
Swiss airlines
Pegasus airline (low cost airline based in Turkey)
KLM airline
Atlas global (an European airline)

Tentatively these are the countries that I'm visiting and the airlines I'm taking. There could be more additions as I'm still finalizing my entire itinerary. I still have yet to book my return flight to Singapore from Spain. Depending on the flight cost, I may take a eastbound flight (across Europe and Middle East back to Asia) or westbound flight (across the Atlantic ocean towards the United States and then across the Pacific back to Asia).

Looking forward to my end of year trip!