Sunday 13 October 2019

Visiting St Petersburg, Russia

The train from Helsinki, Finland, arrives at the Finlyandskiy
railway station in St Petersburg. However, the train bound for Moscow is departing from Moskovskiy Vokzal railway station. 

After alighting the train, I walked a short distance to the nearby metro for a short ride to the other station. The metro system was relatively easy to ticket and navigate for non-Russian speaking tourists like me.

One thing that stood out for me is the length of escalators in St Petersburg. Really long and deep!


Moskovskiy Vokzalrailway station has a manned luggage storage, so I was able to leave my luggage there while touring St Petersburg. Using google maps, I took the metro to the nearest station, then it was still a long walk to the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. Along the way, I passed by some impressive architectures:



The most iconic attraction in St Petersburg is the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood





As night fall, I made my way back to Moskovskiy Vokzal railway station for my overnight train ride to Moscow!