Saturday 25 June 2016

Vancouver '16

The Alaska cruise ship docked in Vancouver at 7:30am in the morning. Unlike my previous cruise, I can wait comfortably in my stateroom until my boarding sequence is called on the TV. So when I get off from the ship, it is already about 9am. 

I have booked my return Eva Air flight at 2am so that I can explore Vancouver. 

I booked the hop on hop off tour on the cruise ship. It also includes delivering my luggage from the cruise terminal straight to the airport. That leaves me free to explore the city.


Chinese garden


Tranquility in the garden


Steam clock in gas town

At the harbour

Vancouver tower

Food trucks are very common in Vancouver

Vancouver pacific central

I specially return to this station to have a A&W meal. Brings back fond memories. They are no longer seen in Singapore.

Eva Air opened their check in counter at Vancouver airport 4 hours before departure. My *G status allowed me to wait in the lounge for my flight. Fortunately, this lounge has shower facilities and good food. Saw an aeromexico plane. 

Reminds me to visit Mexico city one day!

Coincidentally,  Eva Air and China Airlines both have a return flight on their B747 plane to Taipei at 2am. At the gate area, it seems both flights are full. Many Chinese people travelling from Vancouver to Taipei.

Beautiful sunrise on the plane

Eva Air B747 upper deck features the economy class. There are about 10 rows arranged in 2-4-2 seating due to the curvature. The window seat has extra storage cabinet. It has been many years since I took the B747 queen of the skies. It was a smooth flight across the pacific ocean.

My return flight to Singapore is at this well decorated gate at Taipei airport.



My Alaska trip ended in a very good way. I was given a free upgrade to Eva Air premium economy class! Perhaps because of my *G status. And finally, the Eva Air Evergreen cocktail to welcome me home 


No comments: