Monday 10 October 2016

Staycation - Changi Airport Crowne Plaza

I have stayed twice at the Changi Airport Crowne Plaza. It is easily one of my favourite hotels. Because ... planes ! Yes, I like to see planes, especially at such near distances. I don't call myself an aviation nerd.. I have come across online blogs of such people and the things they do and I am no where at their level. For one, I don't spot planes on a regular basis.

Anyway, a short one night stay at Changi Airport Crowne Plaza is very costly, by Singapore's standard. Even after discounts that I received, it is still costly. So I intend to treasure precious moments of my time there, by taking lots of photos for keepsake. Here goes..

Unique swimming pool among the trees

A big bathroom, with runway view, if you don't mind

The runway view from the hotel room. The closest I can get without boarding the plane!


One of my favourites, Emirates A380. All economy lower deck. I have taken it on 4 different segments to London and Amsterdam.

Jetstar plane with colourful livery

Airport skytrain

SQ A380 with our Singapore flag livery, in conjunction with SG50

Scoot. All boeing 787 fleet. I have taken it once. The cabin atmosphere is great, more bearable to other plane types.

Eva Air. I have taken its business laurel class, elite class and economy class. My favourite is of course the reverse herringbone business class seats.

No comments: