Monday 24 October 2016

Singapore - Chinese and Japanese Garden

Today I went to the Chinese Garden and Japanese Garden in the west. Promoted as a tourist attraction, there was actually very few people. Some are retirees and a few tourists. I think the tourism board need to do more to attract more people to visit.

There is construction going on right now and I hope the gardens can be spruced up with boardwalks that open to the lake. Taking a walk in the park on a cloudy afternoon is actually quite pleasant. Although the garden is free to visit, there isn't much to do around here. The main attractions are the big pagoda and the smaller twin pagodas. The bridges are fine, nothing too impressive, but that's about it.

I hope the gardens can become a lot more attractive in future !

Japanese garden red bridge

Japanese garden white bridge


I climbed to the highest floor. The view is magnificent !

A rewarding climb to the top !

Confucius. An important personality in Chinese history

Twin pagodas. Shorter climb on both of them. The view is great as well  !

Bridge

Chinese sayings. Sadly I'm not too well versed in it.

Entrance to the Chinese garden

No comments: