Sunday 27 November 2016

Northern Lights

I came back from my one-week quick trip of Norway and Sweden. The most satisfying part? Yup, the Northern Lights! Finally fulfilled my long time wish. 

I saw the Northern Lights on the second night on the cruise ship. Some of my thoughts about the Lights. The ferry crew made an announcement in the open deck to view the Lights at the back of the top deck. So people got up and headed to the back to see.

Fortunately for me, the Lights are very visible to the eyes. They are a visual treat. Very spectacular. But then to take great photos, a professional camera is needed. I took the photos with my iphone 6. Turned out dark and not really visible. I have to adjust some settings to make it more visible. 

Anyway, the experience of seeing it for myself more than makes it up. This year, 2016, is supposedly the last year to view it, according to many reports. The next solar peak will only happen in about 10 years' time. That is too long for me to wait. And life is too short to wait that long.

I'm really tempted to go back a second time. Before the whole thing finishes by March next year. The ferry is certainly a budget and offers a high chance of catching the Lights. I'll definitely recommend it to anyone!

No comments: