Tuesday 29 November 2016

Hurtigruten MS Trollfjord

I boarded the cruise, with the expectation that the ship is basically a working ferry, a local transport with no entertainment to speak of. With this in mind, I was actually impressed with what MS Trollfjord has to offer.

Porters are waiting at the entrance of the ferry to bring my luggage to outside my cabin. I then proceeded to check in. The entrance is on deck 4. My window cabin is on deck 4 as well. The lowest cabin is deck 3. Check in was quick with only one other person in front of me. I didn't take up the offer to upgrade to the arctic suite as it was too expensive.

The boarding pass was given to me in a card, which I could keep as souvenir when I leave the ferry. My cabin was right at the front of the ship. and the windows are quite unique !


2 port-hole  windows !

Deck 5 viewing area by the side of the ship

A small play area on deck 5 as well

I'm impressed by the finishes of this working ferry. Looks as modern as any luxury cruise liner



More viewing areas on deck 5. There is a big viewing area at the front of deck 8 and a small viewing area at the front of deck 9 overlooking deck 8. There are plenty of seats. So no need to rush. I will usually take a seat at the front with floor to ceiling windows. The open deck is at the back of deck 9. 

Information area on deck 8. There is a bar and a library stocked with books and jigsaw puzzles on deck 8 as well.

Badges

In terms of entertainment, there is a live band on some days. And that's about it. No TVs in the cabins. The entertainment is the scenery on this route.

Breakfast buffet is served at the back of deck 5. It is free seating and there are plenty of seats as well. I went early each day to grab the window seat. The seats usually come in a table for four. The spread is sufficient for breakfast.

There is a souvenirs shop on deck 5, just beside the restaurant. I can pay using the boarding card, which is linked to my credit card.

No comments: