Thursday 10 November 2016

Singapore - Changi boardwalk

Looking forward to my upcoming Northern Lights trip !

A lot of online reviews say that we shouldn't plan a trip just to see the lights. The trip should revolve around other sightseeing places and the lights is supposed to be a bonus. So that even if we didn't get to see the lights, the trip will still be fruitful.

For me, I did plan for other sightseeing places and unique experiences, such as the Qatar airways business class, SAS domestic flight, the hurtigruten cruise, norway fjords and arctic circle train, norwegian train.

The Northern Lights is also part of my plan. I didn't treat it as a bonus. But of course, I try to maximize my chances of seeing them. By heading way up to northern norway, at the top of the world literally. By taking the hurtigruten cruise, away from the city lights.

I sound kind of desperate. Haha ! Because after this year the next solar peak will be in 10 years time. Who knows what happens by then. Better to enjoy it now while I still can.

This week I went to the Changi boardwalk. Again another ulu part of Singapore which I'm stepping foot on for the first time. Hardly anyone there on a weekday morning.

But still, the boardwalk along the coastline offers magnificent views of the sea and nearby islands and planes landing at Singapore.

The boardwalk is connected to Changi beach, albeit a long distance away, probably that's why not much people here. The drive is via a small narrow road and there is no public transport coming in. It is close to the chalets and the changi sailing club. Yup, that's about it.

Map of Changi boardwalk

The shelter

A nice view of a private jetty belonging to changi sailing club


Panorama photo always makes the scenery curvy when it's actually straight.

The road to sea !

A lonely rock perched on top

The typical slanted coconut trees

No comments: