Wednesday 9 August 2017

One day in 北京 June '17

This is a quick, whirlwind tour in 北京, as part of my round trip tickets on SIA business class. I have previously toured 北京 before and am deeply impressed by the capital of China.

This time round, it is a solo trip and gives me a chance to try out their metro system. Arriving at Beijing airport, the immigration queue is very long. After that, it was off to locate the Beijing airport railway into the city.



At Beijing airport, before immigration

On the airport train to the city !

A good day in Beijing today😊

My first stop is the Beihai park. I have been here previously as well but today I'll be exploring a different part of the park.

Authentic traditional Chinese architecture



 北京故宫

Beijing is just too big to explore in one day. So I opted for a bus ride to the opposite side.

王府井。The equivalent of Orchard Road in sg

Soon, it's time to head back to the airport to admire this great structure.

An artificial pavilion airside

All in all, a wonderful, memorable day in 北京. Great and safe for solo travelers.