Saturday 9 February 2019

A night tour of Bratislava, Slovakia

From Bratislava airport, I took bus 61 to the city railway station stop. The bus stop is towards the right after exiting the the airport terminal building. Ticket can be purchased from the ticket machine at the bus stop, using coins only. I arrived prepared as I had done my homework on the airport bus. 

After alighting at its last stop, I then walked the remaining distance towards my hostel for a one-night stay. By the time I checked in and ready to explore the city, it was turning dark in the winter afternoon. 

My hostel was about half an hour walk away from the old town. There are some impressive architecture to marvel while wandering around the old town.


The main attraction within the old town is the castle, a long walk uphill. The night light-up is a beautiful sight.
 

From within the castle grounds, there is a great view of the city skyline and the river.


Once done exploring the old town, I began to walk back to my hostel, stopping on the way in a mini supermarket to stock up on food and also at a cafe for a waffle and cappuccino.


Bratislava is a walkable city. The old town at night is a pleasant stroll and the castle is majestic. In the next post, I shall review my pleasant, one-night stay at my Bratislava hostel.