Sunday 3 February 2019

Tour of Milan, Italy

From London, I flew with budget carrier Easyjet to Milan, one of the fashion capital of the world. Easyjet allows mobile boarding pass so I need not print out the ticket. This is my first time taking Easyjet. The flight is uneventful. Legroom and comfort level is similar to other budget carrier. 

At Milan Malpensa airport, there are manned counters at the arrivals area to purchase the airport bus ticket from one of two companies. The bus stop at the airport isn't clearly labeled but luckily the airport isn't really big so I manage to locate the waiting bus soon after. I took the bus to Milan central station to begin my one day tour of Milan, my first time in the city.  

As I was not planning to stay at a hotel in Milan, I left my luggage at the office in the Milan central railway station for a fee.

The Milan hop-on-hop-off ticket can be purchased at another end of the railway station. The stop for the bus is opposite the railway station building.

The star attraction in Milan is the beautiful duomo

An elegant, covered shopping arcade


Milan Castle

At the end of my self-guided tour, I proceeded back to Milan central station, get my luggage, and took another airport bus to Milan Bergamo airport. The bus ticket can be bought from the personnel stationed outside the railway station.

There are only limited seating/sleeping areas at Milan Bergamo airport, used mainly by Ryanair and other budget carriers. And this is where I spend the night.

By next morning, I will be on my way to Bucharest, Romania !