Tuesday 19 February 2019

Bratislava hostel review - Freddie Next to Mercury

Bratislava is the stop which I first stayed overnight on my trip. In a bid to reduce my travel budget, I have tried all means to reduce the number of nights which I need an accommodation. This is done either by taking red-eye flights or by overnighting at the airport.

I'm scheduled to fly out of Bratislava only next afternoon, so a night in the city would be most appropriate for me. Browsing through travel sites such as Expedia, I came across Freddie Next to Mercury. It's located close to the rail and bus station. A 30-minute walk to the old town. Most importantly, it costs just S$13 for a night in the shared dormitory.

The hostel stay turns out to be unmemorable and I realized that I didn't even take pictures of the place. Anyway, a great benefit of this hostel is that it has a free computer for guests' use and printing services. In my case, after checking in, I seek the help of the very friendly reception to print my Ryanair boarding passes.

The dorm is located a few units from the reception down the same street in a residential area. It is roomy and kept clean. The bed is fairly comfortable. For the price I paid, this is alright for a night's stay.

The airport bus stop is located a short walk from the dorm. Convenient for those departing or arriving from the airport.