Wednesday 19 February 2020

Mumbai airport GVK lounge review

Upon check-in for my Kenya Airways flight from Mumbai to Nairobi, Kenya and onward to Geneva, I was given a lounge access card to the GVK lounge East in the airport.

Mumbai airport has a separate security screening facility for premium passengers boarding their flight and it was a quick process.


 
GVK Lounge East Wing invitation card

The lounge decor and ambiance was great. There were not many passengers in the lounge, making it a pleasant experience.


The lounge has window views of the aircrafts on the tarmac

There was a variety of food and beverage options in the lounge. 

Desserts


Complimentary wifi in the lounge

Mumbai airport decor

There's Singapore !

After some time in the lounge, I made my way to the departure gate for my Kenya Airways flight. The airport terminal in Mumbai was designed beautifully with a green theme and it's not too crowded at that time.

On its B737 aircraft, Kenya Airways actually boards its business class passengers last. So I sat around while waiting for all other passengers to board. I guess the intention is to minimize the queue to get into the aircraft. 

In my subsequent post, I shall detail my great inflight experience on its B737 and B787 aircraft as well as my lounge experience at Nairobi, Kenya airport.