Monday 17 February 2020

My Journey through India

I had some time to wander around Kuala Lumpur before my flight to India. At KL Sentral, I took the free Go KL shuttle bus to explore the city. There are four different routes that serve different areas with many stops, though only the red line passes by KL Sentral. Kind of like a hop-on-hop-off bus, except its complimentary!




After which, I proceeded to KLIA2 to check in for my AirAsia flight to Kochi, India.


I had pre-ordered the AirAsia's Santan inflight meal. It is mostly local asian cuisine. Cheap and delicious. Definitely worth it.

After arriving in Kochi Airport, I made my way to the adjacent terminal on foot for an Indigo airline domestic flight to Mumbai. The walkway is covered and felt save to walk through. And the airport is open 24/7. After checking in, I cleared security and went to the gate area, made up of rows and rows of sofas. Talk about being grand !

Getting some snacks from one of the few open cafes in the departure area.

My Indigo airline flight

Indigo airline is a budget carrier so no complimentary food and beverage offerings as expected.

After landing in Mumbai, I remained in the arrival area while waiting for daylight. There are a few food stores offering snacks for purchases. There are limited seating area as well.


Finally, daylight broke and I met my tour guide cum driver at the arrival area once exiting the airport. Thus begins my day tour of Mumbai.








Gateway of India, Mumbai


Taking a boat ride to Elephanta Cave

At the port, either take a short train ride or simply walk to Elephanta Cave



After visiting the Elephanta Cave, I took the same ferry back to the mainland and my guide sent me off to the airport. Fortunately, my Kenya Airways flight was delayed so there was no rush.

A wonderful day spent in Mumbai, India!