Friday 17 April 2020

Discounted Qantas/Latam Airlines return flight from Australia/New Zealand to South America

In addition to the ongoing American Airlines flight sale from my previous post, now Qantas / Latam Airlines has put up an attractive price to get to South America.

For now, it costs ~S$530 on a return flight from Auckland, New Zealand to Santiago, Chile. Normally this route would have cost upwards of S$1000.

Taken from Latam Airlines website

Needless to say, once again this offer has tempted me as the destination is now Santiago, Chile, where I would like to visit.

Other slightly higher discounted fares are also available from West Australian cities such as Sydney and Melbourne to Santiago, Chile or Bueno Aires, Argentina.

Only the Auckland to Santiago dates work for me. While the Australia to Santiago dates were off by a week.

For me, based in Asia, I would still need to get to New Zealand to take advantage of this offer. Flights from my region normally start from $800 with full service carriers. With AirAsia X recently exited the New Zealand market, there is now no direct budget option between Singapore and New Zealand.

I can still fly on Scoot / Jetstar / AirAsia (with a transit) to any Australian city then transfer onto another budget trans-Tasman flight. This brings the total cost to about S$600 at the lowest.

In all, it will cost me slightly above $1000 for a return trip to South America. Though it's a better than normal deal, but not exactly too tempting for me. So yup, I guess I will hold off for now.