Saturday 11 April 2020

My three days in Morocco !

Morocco is a fascinating African country. 
It is also one of the more frequented countries in Africa, due to its close proximity to Europe.


Coming off my flight from Geneva, Switzerland, and out of the arrival hall, I walked directly across the open-air carpark to board the airport public bus.

This is the only public bus that services the airport and downtown.There are dedicated spaces for luggage storage during the bus journey and sufficient seating for all passengers, even on a mid-day arrival.

Definitely the recommended budget option to get to and from the airport. The bus route is fixed and can be found online. There are numerous bus stops in the city, so I alighted at the one closest to my accommodation.

Djemaa el Fna Square, a big marketplace


Many shops, with make-shift shelter from the sun


Horse carriages are aplenty. I didn't ride in one, as I had a prior experience in Bali many years back.
 
 More horses !

Morocco is also famous for its fresh and sweet tangerines. One whole row of fruit sellers ready to turn the fruits into juices. Worth a try!


On the first day, after arriving in Marrakesh and depositing my bags in my hostel, there is some time to explore the marketplace before it turns dark. There is a KFC nearby across a street too, in case I'm not used to Moroccan cuisine. Bakeries can be found around the square too.

On the second day in Morocco, I began a tour with a camel ride, complete with a traditional Moroccan outfit 😀

Next two stops on the tour are shops, one selling souvenirs and the other selling fragrances made from herbs and flowers, comes with a garden too.

After that is a strenuous hike to see a waterfall

Using piped water to cool the bottles on sale

More hiking


Impressive surroundings

A traditional way to prepare a hot meal


Lunch at the tour guide's open-air restaurant

Quite a number of eateries around here

On my last day in Marrakesh. Having another freshly squeezed tangerine drink before boarding the airport bus.

Marrakesh is an interesting city to visit. It is safe to wander around the marketplace due to many tourists and police patrols. I'm glad I had the chance to visit this time round after missing out in the previous December