Sunday 19 April 2020

Oman Air Mumbai via Muscat to Istanbul economy class flight review

The return leg of my Kenya Airways flight brought be back to Mumbai, India. As I had visited Mumbai earlier in the trip, I had no intention to go into the city again.

Rather, I had to next position to Istanbul for my Turkish Airlines flight to Tbilisi, Georgia. I chanced upon this reasonably priced Oman Air flight quite close to embarking on this trip. The timing is well-suited for my itinerary as well.

Though I had previously experienced Oman Air economy class flight, it had been a pleasant experience and I'm keen to take the flights again. 




Transiting in Muscat airport has been a very pleasant experience. With big, tall trees flanking both sides of the moving walkways. I can't think of any other airport in the world with such setup.

The walkways are wide and spacious. Though Oman Air positions itself as a hub for transfers, it's not yet to the scale of Emirates in Dubai or Qatar Airways in Doha, so there's thankfully not too big crowds yet.




That's where I was heading on this flight ! Oman Air operates a number of narrowbody aircrafts to some international destinations. Fortunately, they come with the latest generation IFE screens installed. Complimentary earpiece was given out in a nice packaging that promotes Oman as a travel destination. Here's a review for my tour of Muscat! Makes for a great flight.








Service begins with a packaged snack and drink. Then the main meal arrived. I was even given two mini bottles of red wine to consume. I wanted to return one, but was encouraged by the flight attendant to have both haha!