Thursday 9 November 2017

Booked: Cathay pacific business class del to pek '18

Due to work commitment, I have to give up my cathay pacific business class sin to bkk as well as emirates economy class bkk to hkg. On hindsight, I should have booked my tickets for 1 week later. Oh well, too late to regret.

I bought the CX ticket for >$500 but I can only seek a refund of >$100. This represents a loss of $400. 

My EK ticket is redeemed and is unfortunately non-refundable. So there goes my points. The taxes I paid are not substantial, so my monetary loss is minimal.

Fortunately, by working these 3 days, I have earned back my losses.

Recently, I chanced upon another cathay pacific business class discounted ticket. It costs >$800 roundtrip from New Delhi, India to Beijing, China via Hong Kong. All 4 segments will be on a330.

This trip will happen in March, hopefully. It will only be a short trip as I have limited vacation time due to work.

After the dishonored Virgin Australia business class tickets, this will be the next business class trip I'm looking forward to in 2018 !