Thursday 30 November 2017

My experience with taking Jetstar flights

My recent trip to Okinawa gave me a chance to try out Jetstar flights. It launched its inaugural direct flight with cheap fares so I quickly booked it.

Weeks before the trip, Jetstar sent an email regarding the change in the return timings and new flight options. Other than the direct flight which will depart at ~0800, it offers a flight connection via Osaka and Taipei which leaves at ~1200. 

The late departure flight means I need to wake up too early to get to the airport, and I need not forgo the fabulous breakfast at the airport. In addition, since I am in Japan, I longed for the famed koibito chocolates from Hokkaido which is sold in select Japanese airports as well.

Naha airport has many, big duty free shops selling all kinds of Okinawan souvenirs. But none sold the white lovers chocolates. So the transit in Osaka gave me an opportunity to get those chocolates. The shop is located just after security in Osaka airport, with the goods displayed prominently. And there are long queues as well. Hard to miss it.

The transit timings allow for me to purchase my chocolates, but unfortunately not enough to have a nice Japanese meal at the airport. Jetstar provided those on transit with a transit card. These are picked up from the airport personnel on the jetbridge just after leaving the aircraft. It must be returned at the boarding gate.


After 4 flight segments with Jetstar, I must say I am impressed with the service. All flights left and arrived on time. In flight service, though buy on board, is carried out by courteous crew. The domestic flight from Okinawa to Osaka on Jetstar is particularly memorable, with in-flight food options in Japanese.

All in all, a great trip to Okinawa with great flights on Jetstar !