Saturday 9 March 2019

My upcoming trips !

I'm looking forward to my upcoming March holiday trip to Australia soon! 😀 I have booked myself on Scoot flights, a budget carrier, on separate tickets to Gold Coast and returning from Melbourne. This open-jaw itinerary cost me ~S$300, a great bargain! 

This fare is just for the seat itself and I didn't add on any other amenity. Being a budget carrier, Scoot charges S$10 service fee for each sector, something that full service airline usually waive. Something to note. 

Another attractive feature is that both flights are overnight, leaving late at night and arriving in the next morning. This gives me more time for sightseeing and reduces the need for accommodation and thus my travel costs. 

Now, I have been to both Gold Coast and Melbourne, though it has been many years. Other than just visiting these two Australian cities, I'm also toying with the idea of visiting Tasmania for the first time, both Hobart and Launceston. I have limited sightseeing days in Australia but I will try my best to fit in Tasmania. Still looking out for cheap domestic fares within Australia😀

After Australia, my next trip will happen in June. Till now, I have only 2 flights booked in June. First, I booked a one-way economy ticket on Singapore Airlines to Johannesburg, South Africa, at an attractive fare of S$524. This is the among the cheapest on this route. So yup, I'm visiting South Africa!

Reason being, I have, in 2018, booked myself a one-way ticket on British Airways from Cape Town to Barcelona via London for travel in June. So now is the time to complete this itinerary.

Once in Europe, I intend to get to Helsinki, then visit St Petersburg then Moscow, either by ferry or by train. Russia is a country that I have been wanting to visit for years, but kept putting it off as other destinations came into my mind. So now I decided to simply visit Russia this June, which is probably the only time that I can, and want to visit Moscow. December in Moscow is way too cold for me. 

From Moscow, I am planning to take the famed Trans-Siberia train all the way to Vladivostok. I would stop at several cities along the way, especially to see Lake Baikal.

From Vladivostok, I would take the ferry to South Korea and then back to Singapore.

Yup. So this is my travel plan for June. Other than South Africa, I have yet to make other travel bookings. So my plan is subject to change, depending solely on my budget. Haha!