Sunday 24 March 2019

Visiting the Big Apple

I have returned from my trip to Australia! It has been a great trip. 😀 Other than having a fun time in Gold Coast, Brisbane and Melbourne for the second time, I have the chance to visit Tasmania for the first time. 

While in Tasmania, I managed to visit the cities of Hobart and Launceston, with plenty of awesome sightseeing opportunities. I shall leave my Australia trip review to a subsequent post.

New York City is my favourite city in the United States. I've visited it thrice previously, during both summer and winter, so I had quite different experiences. The Big Apple is also one of the most visited cities in the world, so it is always crowded with tourists from many different countries at all times of the year. Yet this didn't stop me from returning to the city every time.

Impressive advertisement for the Harry Potter show. I will probably watch it one day!

The times square is my favourite spot within the New York City. Not much has changed since my previous trip here.

While walking past this billboard advertisement on the Spiderman movie, I saw a camera-toting crowd waiting around and looking right at the board. Being curious, I decided to join the crowd and waited for a surprise.

Soon, the display began to turn live and everyone within that spot could see our images on the big screen.

On this trip, I have decided to visit Central Park, one place I have yet to visit before. It is towards the end of the Manhattan shopping street. A pleasant respite from the hectic city life.



View of the New York City skyline


Horse carriages. Reminiscent of the olden days..

After spending some time in Central Park, it's time to head to the coach terminal to board the coach to Stewart Airport for my Norwegian Air flight to Shannon, Ireland. I shall review this eventful flight in my next post.