Thursday 14 June 2018

First capsule hostel in London and a re-visit to London !

I'm now waiting at the boarding gate in Copenhagen for my SAS flight to Faroe Islands. It is an exotic place to visit for many and also one of the last frontiers for travellers like me. Haha!

Talking about last frontiers, this reminded me of the Air Greenland A330 aircraft that I spotted at Copenhagen airport. It is also departing at the same time as my flight. Hopefully, I'm able to visit Greenland one day.

Currently, I do not have any more bucket list, having fulfilled mine a couple of years back. Nowadays, I travel mostly based on cheap air ticket prices. Nevertheless, there are some countries I still hope to visit if I manage to book cheap tickets, such as Greenland, Ireland, South Africa, Chile and Argentina. No regrets if I don't get to visit them 😀

Back to the subject of this post. This is my third time visiting the city of London. The attractions are still the same, yet I find it refreshing to spend time wandering in the city.

For my one night in London, I decided to book the St Christopher's Hostel. Specifically to try out its capsule, the first in London.

Yup, I'm continuing this post from the comfort of Hotel Streym on Faroe Island. I highly recommend this hotel for the budget traveller and yet it offers many frills such as free coffee and tea 24/7 and the usual hotel amenities. Again, I shall leave this review to another post.

Back to my London tour..

I seek out this capsule hostel, London's first, near London bridge. It was an easy 10 minutes walk from the metro station which direct train connection from London Gatwick airport.

The iconic telephone box in London

First impression of the capsule. Similar size to my prior experiences. 

Shower facilities are kept clean. One thing to note, they do not provide bath amenities. In fact, no amenities are provided at all, much like a hostel.

For the price I paid, I got better value in my previous capsule stays. But then again, this is London, accommodation stays is definitely more expensive than in other countries or cities. Anyway, one night in this capsule is sufficient experience for me. I'm certainly not coming back for more!

The iconic revamped London city bus


This is the old school London city bus from the yesteryear. Seems to service exclusively on route 15.

Tower bridge



London is still an attractive destination for me, despite retaining the same attractions for years!