Saturday 30 June 2018

Postponing my China trip and my next upcoming trip

Looks like I won't be going to Hainan Island, China soon. I have earlier booked my Scoot flights to Sanya on Hainan Island and Nanchang which coincides with Scoot's inaugural flight. Due to depart tomorrow.

Due to work commitments, I have no choice but to postpone my upcoming China trip. The fares that I booked are lowest fares and therefore non-refundable, so I won't get back a cent if I'm not able to make the trip for whatever reason.

This is one reason why I usually hesitate to book outside of my usual June and December travel periods.

Fortunately, I have yet to book any other plans in China. So my loss is limited to the flight cost of S$190, a sum that I'm willing to forgo in favour of work.

Now, my next upcoming trip will be in September, which is the return portion of my SQ business class flights New York -> Frankfurt -> Singapore -> Ahmedabad. At this point, I have yet to make any other plans for this trip. This is too much of $ and kf miles to forgo. Fingers crossed that I will be able to make it.

Right now I have random thoughts of doing the Canadian train across from Toronto to Vancouver. This is considered one of the world's scenic train trips. This will take up four days and I'm not sure I have that amount of time for leisure travel. September is usually a busy working month for me. But still, I will do my best to work out an ideal travel plan for myself in September 😀