Tuesday 19 June 2018

Ryanair London Stansted to Oslo Gardermoen flight review

Now, I'm overnighting in Frankfurt airport for my tomorrow's flight to New York City. Sadly, I could not enter the lounge as my flight is only tomorrow. 

Till now, I have basically completed my European tour this June. These few days, I'm flying some SQ business class flights which I booked at a promotion. These include AMD-SIN-FRA-JFK and SIN-OSAKA.

These 4 sectors will be on 4 different aircraft types: A330, B77W, A380 and B787-10. So I will get to experience 4 different business class configurations. Between these 4 types, I expect the B77W and A380 to feature similar seats, with the A380 having a wider seat due to a larger width of the aircraft.

From London Bridge, getting to London Stansted airport requires a simple  connection from the metro to the airport train.


This is my first time taking a Ryanair flight and I'm satisfied with the flight, knowing it is a budget carrier. However, one thing that I must remember is to print the boarding pass after checking in online. Though Ryanair has in place mobile boarding passes, there are mixed reviews online as to whether non-EU, or Singaporean like me are able to use the mobile boarding pass. Otherwise, a hefty fee is payable at the airport check-in counter to print the boarding pass.

Anyway, there is a short queue for the boarding pass or visa check, following which I proceeded to security. In my case, as I do not need a visa to visit Oslo, I can proceed to security directly with my printed boarding pass. The queue here is very long so do set aside sufficient time here.

After security is the mandatory walk through a curvy duty-free shop. Having flown to various European airports this June, I noticed that several airports here also has a similar curvy layout for the duty-free shop.

London Stansted airport has limited waiting area with power sockets. Fortunately, I manage to get a seat in the open area with power sockets and proceeded to charge my devices while the flight departs late.




Saw this unique giraffe restaurant !

Ryanair is a budget carrier. So everything is buy on board.

There are no seat pockets at all


This flight went on smoothly. Though there are many mixed online reviews, I'm satified with the flight itself. I didn't purchase any extras or any food on board.