Thursday 13 September 2018

A short visit to the Big Apple

After my long trek from India via Singapore and Frankfurt on SQ business class, I was ready to explore New York City, albeit for only a day.

I had the chance to try the JFK airtrain followed by a change at Jamaica to the long island railroad (LIRR) train from and to New York Penn station. The airtrain cost US$5 a trip, with the ticket bought from a stand at Jamaica in both directions. The LIRR ticket can be bought from a ticket machine prior to boarding. The off-peak tickets are cheaper than the peak tickets, from 4pm departing Penn station. It was a straight-forward, hassle-free journey and I was soon in Manhattan, among the touristy areas.

With only a few hours in the city, I simply wandered along the streets leading to Times Square.




At this point, my holiday trip is soon coming to a close. It is time for me to return to Asia. I returned to JFK airport to check in for my flight on swiss airlines via Zurich to Hong Kong. In the next post, I shall detail my adventures during my long stopover in Switzerland.