Friday 21 September 2018

Amazing Business Class fares on LATAM and Biman Bangladesh

In the past, such great business class fares will have tempted me into booking the flights, never mind the destination. But nowadays, to avoid overspending on travel, I have taken on a more prudent approach when booking business class flights.

Other than very attractive fares, the origin and destinations should be in cities where I have not gone to before and I would like to visit.

With that, Latam airlines currently offers a business class fare of ~S$300 from Frankfurt to Madrid return on their B787 aircraft, featuring 2-2-2 fully-flat configuration. 

For an intra-Europe flight, this fare is of exceptional value since most other airlines in this sector offer business class which is simply economy class with a blocked middle seat.

I have taken Latam 787 business class previously on their Mexico to Santiago to Easter Island return flights on both their B787-9 and B787-8 aircrafts with similar business class seats.

Moreover, I have been to both Madrid and Frankfurt (though transit only) and have no wish to return, so I do not intend to book this flight.

Meanwhile, Biman Bangladesh has introduced their new B787 aircraft on their flights from Dhaka to both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Business class on the B787, with a 2-2-2 seating configuration, on the Kuala Lumpur-Dhaka return sector is offered at an attractive ~S$770 and ~S$440 for one-way. It is about ~S$200 more for the Singapore flight. There is hardly any review online for their B787 flight so I'm not sure about the service and comfort level.

As much as I would like to try Biman Bangladesh, I do not intend to visit Dhaka in the foreseeable future as it is not really a major tourist destination and according to online reviews, safety can be a concern at times.

Of course, I could fly Kuala Lumpur to Dhaka as a transit to get myself to Kolkata, India. Then, I will return to Singapore from there. I'm still hesitating on this. Hopefully the fares remain while I deliberate on taking this flight.