Friday 21 September 2018

Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Sale

Singapore Airlines recently published reasonably cheap fares on their soon-to-be-launched ultra long haul flights from Singapore direct to Los Angeles (S$1315) and Newark (S$1415 return). These flights will be operated on SIA's latest A359ulr aircraft, featuring business class and premium economy class seats only.

It is really tempting for me for the past few days and I have been deliberating on it. The sale is since extended till 27 September, for travel in this year only. This will be a new aircraft for me (and the world) and it will be the world's longest flight. So did I take the bait? Haha! 

The short answer is no. The temptation is just great. But I had to restrain myself from going beyond my year-end travel budget. Had the sale been months earlier, I might just have booked it. But now, my year-end schedule is almost set. Booking this flight now is going to impact my schedule, not to mention additional positioning flights.

This led me to recall the Hong Kong Airlines S$700+ business class mistake fare on the transpacific flight. Not easy for me to cancel that purchase. Even now I still think about it, especially after Hong Kong Airlines had indicated that it will honor that fare. This is the reason that I cancelled that purchase, as I wasn't sure whether Hong Kong Airlines will honor that. And I wouldn't want another transpacific flight in economy class.

Anyway, the good thing coming out of this episode is that I saved S$700 for another day. 😀

Moving forward, if this sale price is available again next year, I will probably take the bait. The novelty of taking the world's longest flight and on A359ulr.

Hopefully, singapore airlines will launch more flights into the United States direct from Singapore with their A359ulr and with attractive fares!