Sunday 29 March 2020

A quick tour of Prague, Czech Republic

Cyprus Airways is the national airline of Cyprus based in Larnaca. It is also a budget airline. I purchased the cheapest ticket which surprisingly includes a 10kg check-in bag and a small carry on bag. There are options to purchase extra amenities.

Being a night flight, there are hardly any inflight service. I didn't notice any buy-on-board purchase option. But since it is a short flight, it didn't really matter to me. The flight departed Larnaca late at night and arrived in Prague in the early morning hours.


The famous Charles bridge within the old town of Prague

To save on accommodation, I spent the remainder of the night in the airport landside area as there are some eateries with open seating.

As day starts to break, I boarded the first airport bus outside the arrival terminal into town.


I chose to alight at the railway station as there were luggage lockers available. So I could leave my luggage there while exploring the old town, then pick up my luggage before leaving Prague via train.

Prague's old town is walkable from the train station. Google map came in useful here. It is my first time in the Czech Republic and I was fascinated by its scenery. In my opinion, the old town is one of the most beautiful among the European countries with many interesting architectures from the old times.




 
A unique clock tower

Chocolate museum


Prague is certainly a beautiful city and worth a visit if one is in Europe. After a quick tour of Prague, I picked up my luggage and boarded the train bound for Munich. This train ride turns out to be an adventure in itself ! Find out about it in my next post. 😀