Friday 20 March 2020

Jordan trip review

For tourists intending to visit Jordan, do note that public transport infrastructure is somewhat limited. Hiring a private transport such as taxi, uber or joining a tour group, though costly, is still the best way to get to the various tourist attractions within Amman as well as between the Jordanian cities.

Jett is a bus company that operates scheduled trips to some tourist attractions such as Petra as well as trips between Jordanian cities such as Amman and Aqaba. Its prices are affordable and offers reliable services.

My first day tour from Amman to Petra is booked via Jett bus. Tickets can be booked via its websites (there seems to be 2 different ones with different prices, so do compare before purchase). 

After my Petra tour, I was convinced that it offers a reliable tour service with reasonable fees. So I proceeded to book my second day tour with Jett as well, on the previous night.

Note that the price only includes the bus trip. Separate entrance fee for Bethany and Mount Nebo is payable. My Jordan Pass does not offer these two attractions so I need to pay separately. Lunch is own expense as well. The tour bus stops at a buffet restaurant and I was ushered to my seat. With no other lunch options available nearby, I had to settle for the buffet. It was limited in variety and overpriced for tourists, in my opinion.

On the second day, I booked another day trip to Madaba, Mount Nebo and Bethany. This time, I boarded the bus at the Jett office, near 7th circle, within walking distance of my airbnb accommodation.

At sea level !




Visiting the Jordan river



The Baptism site 

Getting to Mount Nebo



Great views of the surroundings



Next stop is the small city of Madaba. Though small, there are quite a number of souvenir shops lining the streets compared to Amman.




Another great tour in Jordan !