Thursday 3 January 2019

Cathay Pacific mistake fare Vietnam to America

At the start of this year, Cathay Pacific has mistake business class and first class fares from Vietnam to America in the range of S$1000-2000.

It was really tempting for me, especially the first class fare, which could possibly get me Oneworld status. Now that Cathay Pacific has announced it will be honoring all the mistake fares. It seems to be a missed opportunity for me. However, after exercising some restrain in such fares, I decided not to book them.

In my new year post, I had already laid out my broad travel plans. This coming year, currently I had not intention to visit America, having been there many times. Rather, I'm saving up to visit Russia, Africa and South America. If I were to book the mistake fare, then I would probably have to postpone one of these destinations to another year. I would rather not postpone if I can help it.

Hopefully, there are deals from Asia to Russia, Africa or South America 😀