Saturday 12 January 2019

Malaysia Airlines KLIA Golden Lounge review

Malaysia Airlines KLIA Golden Lounge is one of the very few lounges in the world that offers arrival access. I was travelling from Bali to Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines business class.

This lounge was located in the satellite terminal. On arrival, it can be accessed before immigration and customs. The receptionist noted my arrival boarding pass and I was promptly invited into the lounge.


The lounge is big, feels spacious, plenty of seating and never feels crowded at all. One of the biggest lounges that I have come across. At every seat, there is a power port and usb port.

The lounge offers unobstructed views of the tarmac and airplanes.




Clean shower facilities are provided.

Food variety is reasonable, though slightly limited. A coffee machine is available for self-service, though it is possible to order one at a manned counter.

At every seat, there is a lamp for additional lighting. When it gets dark, someone will come along to turn it on one by one.

This lounge is by far one of the biggest, with good food and views of the tarmac. So far I have only been to the Turkish airlines lounge in Istanbul airport and Qatar Airways lounge in Doha airport that is bigger. Emirates' lounge at Dubai airport is bigger as well, though I have yet to experience it.

I stayed in the lounge for a few hours till evening, before leaving the airport into the city for my long distance coach ride to Singapore. By now, I have traveled multiple times on coach rides between Singapore and Malaysia, an affordable way to travel between the two countries. Stay tuned for my review on long distance coach rides between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur !