Wednesday 6 May 2020

Middle East Airlines Istanbul to Beirut to Cairo economy class review

From Istanbul, Turkey, I moved on to Cairo, Egypt to visit the Pyramids. So I booked a one-way flight on Middle East Airline. This is a new airline for me, and it also gives me a chance to visit Beirut, Lebanon while on transit. So I selected the flight timing such that I had half a day in transit in Beirut, arriving in the early afternoon and departing next morning.

Middle East Airline flies on routes primarily within the Middle East region so it may be unfamiliar to travelers outside this region. It is a full service airline that comes with inflight entertainment and complimentary meal service in all classes.

This is the business class recliner seat on Middle East Airline

In economy class, each seat comes with IFE.

Complimentary newspapers are provided as well in economy class


Its inflight safety video features its personnel giving the briefing amid a backdrop of impressive Lebanon landscape.

There is no hot meal but rather a snack service on my flight from Istanbul to Beirut

I will be reviewing my tour of Beirut in my next post. Below is the second leg of my flight from Beirut to Cairo.

Economy class on Middle East Airline

Middle East Airline aircraft livery

Breakfast on Middle East Airline economy class

Overall, quite a nice experience on Middle East Airline economy class. Both my flights are short sectors, so it's nice to receive complimentary meal service. Certainly better than short haul flying around Europe in full service airline economy class where it's just a drinks service.