Saturday 23 May 2020

Review: Novotel Cairo Airport

Novotel Cairo Airport is located within the grounds of the airport. It offers a complimentary airport shuttle to and from the airport. 


In fact, on the day I landed at Cairo, I had chanced upon the airport shuttle at the arrivals area. However, I didn't want to stay at this hotel on my first day in Egypt as it is located far away from Giza. Staying at Horus Guesthouse has been great for me.

As I had an early morning flight out of Cairo on the third day, I intended to stay at one of the airport hotels instead of staying at the Guesthouse due to the distance. Novotel offers the cheapest rate and it provides complimentary airport transfer. So I decided to stay at this hotel.

There seems to be a carnival on the hotel grounds on the day of my check-in

Hotel corridor

The standard room is sufficiently large

Bed is comfortable. There is a daybed at the corner of the room just beside the bed.

Wall-mounted TV, working desk and chair

Paid minibar and complimentary basic coffee setup

Checking out of the hotel in the early morning

Brightly lit pavement in the otherwise deserted hotel grounds

Check out was fast at this hour and soon I rode alone in the airport shuttle to the airport.

My paid rate does not include breakfast. It's not necessary for me as well since I need to check out in the early morning. As I would be flying on Aegean Airlines, a member of Star Alliance, I would have access to the EgyptAir Star Alliance lounge for breakfast, even if flying in economy class. I would review the lounge in my subsequent post.

Overall, a pleasant and convenient stay in Novotel Cairo airport. The complimentary airport shuttle comes in useful as well.

No comments: