Monday 4 May 2020

My upcoming travel plans for now

At this point, I'm certainly not travelling from now till at least June, or till international borders reopen and flights resume.

My Emirates inaugural flight from Singapore to Penang, has once again been postponed to October 2020. For now. However, flights have not been loaded into the website yet and the customer service is unable to rebook for me. So right now I'm still holding on to the cancelled ticket. I'm still hoping to rebook and travel on the inaugural flight, whenever that comes. 

Meanwhile, I will be getting a cash refund for both my Cathay Pacific and my SQ flights. On hindsight, my Cathay Pacific business class flights were booked at a heavy discount last year. And I have only flown two out of four sectors. So it's kind of an opportunity loss for me.

The SQ flights, on the other hand, were also booked last year, although in a heavily discounted economy class.

Fortunately, I'm able to get cash refunds instead of travel credits for both flights. So that next time I could travel on other airlines, if they offer cheaper tickets. However, due to the volume of refunds airlines are handling at the moment, it will be some months before I receive the refunds.

Moving on, my next scheduled, booked flight is on Jetstar's inaugural flight from Singapore to Colombo, Sri Lanka. Frankly, given the current pandemic, I do not really have high hopes of it flying as scheduled. However, I will likely request to rebook to a later inaugural date when it starts flying.

My remaining flights from October onwards are still left at status quo. Hopefully, things will settle down by then and flights will resume again.

One of them is Singapore Airlines inaugural one-way flight to Brussels in October. I have yet to book my return leg back to Singapore. Since I'm not even sure of taking this flight.

The other flight is the recently booked Budapest to Hawaii business class flights in December, which I'm hoping I can take. It will be a great travel experience for me !

Crossing my fingers 😀