Sunday 21 January 2018

Touring another Eastern European country - Hungary

After visiting Warsaw, we took an overnight coach to Budapest, Hungary. In my opinion, Budapest is a truly beautiful European country. It's unlike big cities such as London and Paris. Ancient architecture can be found everywhere.

After getting off the leo express bus at a metro station, we had breakfast at the conveniently located burger king at the metro station. Fortunately, it accepted euro dollars in addition to its hungarian forint currency.

After which we boarded the metro to get to our hostel, located close to the metro station. As it's morning and we will be staying for only 1 night, we wasted no time in leaving our luggage with the reception and went out to explore the city.

We toured the city on the convenient sightseeing bus. Tickets are purchased from our friendly hostel receptionist.





Budapest statue


The bus ticket comes with complimentary river cruise on the famous Danube river. The night skyline of Budapest city is just so mesmerizing!

Budapest bridge light-up




Budapest, Hungary is indeed a memorable city to visit. Throughout my European tour, it is only here that I saw the most number of tourists. And more asian tourists. This is a stark contrast to the Baltic states and Poland where I hardly see asian tourists.

As much as I'm fond of Hungary, I won't be returning here in the near future. The world is so big. I have limited time and $. So I want to explore other parts of the world, if and when I'm able to.

No one knows what will happen tomorrow. I want to treasure all the available time that I have to see the world.