Monday 5 February 2018

10 years travelling anniversary

It just came to my mind moments ago that this year, 2018, marks 10 years of me planning and travelling the world. 

That is, if I don't count crossing the causeway into Malaysia countless times and travelling with my family to Thailand when I was 12.

Yup. It's been 10 years since I began planning and traversing the globe to fulfil my dream. I still remember when and why I planned and took my first trip to Japan in 2008. I believe I have recounted my first journey in an early blog post so I won't repeat it here.

Long story short, I still want to express my thanks to my Japanese language teacher, a native, teaching at a local community centre in Singapore, for broadening my mind, making me reach out to Japan and subsequently, the world beyond.

Without my sensei, I'm not sure whether I would have begun travelling at all.

My thoughts after 10 years of exploring the world? It's a big world out there and there are still many parts of the world waiting for me to uncover and learn. Travelling is definitely not a bed of roses. It has its ups and downs. Taking it all in my stride, I have certainly enjoyed every single one of my trips, whether I'm going to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia or Alaska, the last frontier.

After visiting 5 continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, and 43 countries (see the previous posts), I'm still as eager as ever to travel.

With my health and wealth permitting, I'm looking forward to travelling to even more places. Nowadays, I don't take things for granted. After growing up into an adult and learning the ways of the world, I'm thankful to live each and every day. I live everyday to the fullest and live as if it's my last, with no regrets.

Everyone has their own bucket list of destinations they want to visit. I have fulfilled mine. Now I travel mainly for the experience, rather than ticking the country off the list. If I'm able to, I want to carry on travelling. If I can't, again no regrets.

So 10 years on, I hope to continue travelling. The world is still waiting for us discover.

Live life to the fullest !