Thursday 1 February 2018

San Francisco '17

When this american trip ended in 2017, I would have to San Francisco 4 times.

The first time I went as part of the west coast of America tour. The second time I was en-route to board the Alaska cruise. This current trip would be both my third and fourth times.

San Francisco is my 'stopover' while travelling between Asia and Easter island, so I would have visited the city twice in a span of about 10 days.

Anyone visiting San Francisco must visit the golden gate bridge, the city's iconic symbol, an architectural marvel. I went around the city with the hop-off-hop-on tour. There are plenty of bus companies offering the tour at union square. Just go with the cheapest tour. The tour routes are more or less similar.

This time around, I managed to go over the golden gate bridge to visit Sausalito for the first time.

Golden Gate bridge

 The bridge again !
Sausalito street

Sausalito street

Sausalito coastline

And again !

Pier 39. A popular tourist destination

X'mas at San Francisco

First time wandering along the boardwalks at pier 39. Previously, I didn't manage to walk around much.

On the way to Easter island, I stayed two nights in San Francisco and spent a day exploring the city. On the return, coming back from San diego on the amtrak, I came into the city in the morning and my flight leaving the city is at night, luckily I found a free luggage deposit service at the westfield shopping centre, where I alighted from the amtrak thruway bus.

After exploring the city, I returned to the westfield shopping centre, a short walk from union square, where the hop-off-hop-on bus stops. Upon collecting my luggage, I took the bart train to the airport. The bart station  is connected directly to the westfield shopping centre via an underground walkway.

San Francisco is a really great city to visit. But after visiting for four times, I'm not really eager to visit it anytime soon. If I were to visit America again, I'll probably plan my flights via other American cities instead.